Sunday, July 24, 2011

Wrong Turn?

I did a new dance the other day and kept turning the “wrong” way.  I am extremely right handed so I always want to spin to the right.  I could tell people were a little frustrated because I demonstrate it one way and then get confused and turn in another direction.  I understand the frustration because when I see what I’ve done, I get flustered and then it’s all over---to save my own life I couldn’t remember which way is “right!”

This is why I almost always try to end a turn with the weight on both feet; because then it doesn’t matter.  It doesn’t matter because when you have your weight evenly distributed on both feet, you can go anywhere.  You always can end up in the “right” place even if you took a “wrong” turn to get there.   What’s more, you can make that turn “your own”—you can make it look any way you want without making yourself  “wrong.”  You can create your own way of executing the turn.

In life, we often take “wrong” turns or make choices and immediately think “D’oh!”  But isn’t it funny how often we end up in the place we want to be anyway?  If we remain steadily with both feet on the ground (solid in our principles) we can choose any number of ways to reach our goals.

Often the path that gets us to a goal is one that we never could have imagined. There are many paths to get where you want to be.  Just make the steps to get there your own.

1 comment:

  1. So very true. Life presents us with many unexpected "turns," but I know I am exactly where I am suppose to be. --Mary Ann

    ReplyDelete