Sunday, June 5, 2011

Did I Miss It?

Dance is like life in so many ways.  I have been teaching dance for fitness for over 25 years.  I have learned lessons from dancing, teaching, and being a member of a community of dancers that has enhanced my experience of life.  It has truly been a blessing to be able to do this and share what I love. 

One of the things I want to share is how dance, like life, is only real moment to moment.  There have been times when I am dancing, but I am also fretting about something in my life, and then the dance is over and I didn't get to fully enjoy it.  Damn!  Did I miss it?? 

The same thing has happened during certain periods in my life.  I was so busy worrying about the next "thing" that I forgot to enjoy what was happening in the present.  Once again, I didn’t get to fully enjoy it! Again: Damn! 

 You can only experience dance, like life, in the moment it is happening.  If you are not in the moment while dancing, you miss the joy unfolding right in front of you.  If you are angry about the past and worried about the future, you miss the joy of life that is happening in the now.   Practice being  fully present in this moment.  It's the only one you've got. 

“Time IS.  It is said that ‘time marches on’ but time, in fact, marches nowhere.  It is you who march on, you who ‘move through time’, you who create the illusion of ‘time passing’ as you pass through the Only Moment There Is.”—Neale Donald Walsh.  At Home With God in a Life that Never Ends

3 comments:

  1. So well put - we need to remember this every day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love, love, love this! So very true.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are preaching my gospel, girlfriend!

    We are truly connected to the same life source...while in theory we all are, there are those who recognize and embrace love...thank you for being one of the special ones who channels all things good to those around you.

    Sending you much love in return!

    elayne

    ReplyDelete