Saturday, June 26, 2021

Autumn Marsh and "Always Be My Baby"


When I walk through this marsh, I often see (in my minds’ eye) Native Americans on the water, or fishing, or canoeing. If I can block the airport from my field of vision, it feels like I am there, back in time when nature was not something to be overcome or pushed aside as a nuisance and a barrier to “progress.” The good news is that this marsh cannot further be encroached upon by man.

The song, “Always Be My Baby” by Mariah Carey, connects to this image for me because they both evoke the eternal nature of love. Yes, it is a pop song, but the lyrics are so much more than that. They speak of a deep knowing that love never ends. As in nature, when our love is unconditional, it never changes at its core. In nature, the seasons come and go, the look of the trees and water roll with the seasons, but still the energy of the marsh is eternally there – sometimes it is asleep but it is ever and always alive. When we love one another unconditionally, love just IS. It is like our very essence, it cannot be created or destroyed, enlarged or diminished. (You cannot create something that is already there and complete.) Our bodies can be destroyed, but our spirit remains always perfect and whole. It is eternal and infinite. 

Time, like love, just is. We move through time; it does not move through us. So when we say good-bye to someone that we love, that love still exists. When we love, it sticks. It is always there. No matter what.  Even if we never see each other again, that love is not gone. It is indestructible, as is our connection with one another. The more we appreciate and acknowledge the love we have in our hearts, the more everyone else feels it, too.

I wish you love, joy, and peace. 


 

2 comments:

  1. The marsh is such a magical place and your vision brings it to life! Beautiful, eternal message. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, MaryEllen! YOU are an inspiration ❤️

    ReplyDelete