Sunday, April 28, 2013

Fire



I choreographed a song called “We Are Young” by the band, Fun.  There is a part of the song that says “set the world on fire.”  I loved the way that sounded.  It felt like an “opening” to me, especially on the word fire.   I started the movement from that.  It was a 4 count, and the rest of the choreography just sort of fell into place from that spot. (If only it was always that easy!)

It makes me think that when we start anything with fire and passion, everything falls into place around that feeling.  Joy has its own vibration and attracts more of the same.

When we do something that feels like a slog, everything around it feels like drudgery.

On the other hand, our true nature is joy and passion.  So when we feel passion about whatever it is we are doing, everything falls into place.

Like the band’s name, it makes life more Fun.




1 comment:

  1. Agreed: To me, passion, fun, and joy are necessary elements of life. Keep setting the world on fire, my friend!

    ReplyDelete