Sunday, December 16, 2012

What We Can Do



This week an unspeakable tragedy occurred in our state.  I have no words to express the grief and outrage all of us feel that such a thing could have happened – to children and to the public servants who are custodians of our children.

All of us are searching for what we can do to help.  We feel helpless.  What can we do?  Some say that prayer is useless.  I don’t agree.  I believe in the idea that we all spring from the same source; we are all connected at the deepest level.  If that is true, it follows that when we send our love and our wish for healing to those who have been shattered -- I have to believe -- it is not in vain.  And sometimes it is the only thing we can do.

When we are lost and don’t know how to help, we can at least do this.

I would like to use this blog today to, with all my heart, express my sympathy and compassion for all those who are suffering such horrible loss.  My deepest wish is for your healing. 

Somehow, together, we will find a way to better protect each other.  

President Obama said it best.

All of us can extend a hand to those in need to remind them that we are there for them, that we are praying for them, that the love they felt for those they lost endures not just in their memories, but also in ours.” ~ President Barack Obama 12/14/12





No comments:

Post a Comment